Translate

Monday, November 03, 2008


Number 407


Out of my brain on the 5:15



This is one of those fun little Whodunnits by Fred Guardineer. It appeared in Lev Gleason's Crime and Punishment #31 from 1950. Besides the title reminding me of a song, "5:15" by the Who, Guardineer's precise artwork reminds me of my old art school studies of perspective. Guardineer looks like he used his knowledge well in this story. It'd be hard to fake perspective when so many panels depend on it.

I flipped the final panels so you can read them without standing on your head.

I've also enclosed a couple of filler pages, both by C. H. Moore; one a sort of antique CSI and the other the ancestor of America's Dumbest Criminals. How about America's dumbest victims, too? The woman who undressed in front of the window peeper while waiting for the police: it's called exhibitionism.










3 comments:

Unknown said...

If the peeping tom on the last page was guilty of "depraved amusement", then what of all of the readers who looked at a panel of a girl in bra and panties??

Pappy said...

I sense a rhetorical question there, darkmark, but I'll answer anyway. I'd say it's the same old pandering that's been going on since time began. Give people an example of what's wrong to look at by showing them that very thing! We're all voyeurs.

Luckily, with the Internet it's become ridiculously easy. Depraved amusement in the privacy of your own home!

Mr. Karswell said...

>We're all voyeurs.

Preachin' to the choir Paps!

Haha, I'm still laughing about yer "Antique CSI" line.