Translate

Sunday, March 08, 2009


Number 484



Monster of Flame!


Karswell showed the lead story from this issue of Plastic Man, #43, November 1953, called "The Evil Terror," some time ago. The whole issue has a definite horror bent, which represented the time it was published, right in the horror comics boom. But the stories aren't drawn by Plastic Man creator Jack Cole. The Grand Comics Database gives credit to Al Luster?, the question mark meaning they're not sure.

The artwork is pretty good, whoever drew it. No one else had Cole's genius and I'm sure this story would have been even wilder had he drawn it.









4 comments:

Chuck Wells said...

Well,I think "Al Luster" did an excellent job on this story.

I had lots of fun reading it. Thanks for posting, Pappy.

Booksteve said...

I used to have a lot of the PLASTIC MAN comics from this era (they were cheaper). I think Russ Heath, who had also done the MAD PLASTIC MAN spoof, did some of the stories after Cole, too.

Mr. Karswell said...

I'd love to see more of the horror oriented Plastic Man stories Paps, post 'em if you got 'em!

8thRay said...

Great story, featuring Ed Lauter as the Chief!